Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Feeling really silly - Cannot resize part of a part

paul_demospaul_demos Member Posts: 3
edited October 2020 in Community Support

I am totally new to Onshape. It seems really great. I imported a part, then got it mostly modified. I just need to resize the "D" hole in the middle to be smaller. I am not a CAD person, so you can imagine how hard this is. The link to the part is https://cad.onshape.com/documents/96050bba0e23a217ea239cc6/w/5c479ca8151fbb626ee87bde/e/044d39529ed66ca03a122c27

I am simply looking to shrink just the D hole in the middle of the gear without changing any other element of the parts scale. I have tired

Basically, I am trying to reduce the hole in the middle of my gear by 25% while maintaining the D shape and the size of the rest of the components/elements (sorry if this is the wrong term)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Try Move Face
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    paul_demospaul_demos Member Posts: 3

Actually, you nailed it. Except is seems very hard to use. Thank you so much.