Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Show History in Edu Version?

timothy_jumptimothy_jump Member Posts: 22
I've been trying to understand how to allow students to review details in a part sketch. It seems the only way to do this in the Edu version and not allow editing to the master part is to share the part and allow students copy privileges. If students copy the workspace (part) and rename it, then share it back as if they made the part, I thought there was a way to view the part history and see this was originally my part.

So far, this is not the case. When I access Manage Versions and History at the top the part shows no evidence of this part originally coming from me. When I right-click on the part tab at the bottom there is no option to review History. Please let me know if I'm missing something, and a way to see the part history in full.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    timothy_jumptimothy_jump Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for confirming.