Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Student File Folder

I have a student whose student file folder is gone from the class. His documents are in his history, but I can not see nor can he see his student Folder.  I created a second folder with a number 2, and can not move any of his history documents to the new student.folder.  Help please! 

Answers

• Options
    Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 EDU
    @rod_muirhead943 To move a document to the folder you have to be the owner of the document and have edit permissions to the folder. The student will have to move their document into the folder. 

However, there is no reason the Folder should have disappeared in the first place. Is it possible the folder got moved/nested into another folder on accident?

If you or the student can still see the document on your My Onshape page in the "last opened by me" filter at the top, you can click on the document and look at the document's Details on the right of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will tell you which folder under "Location."
    You can click on the folder to open the folder and then the breadcrumbs at the top of the page will show you where the folder is.