Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New feature to share: Composite selected

I created a new feature that allows selection of bodies by type for creating composites. I needed this because we have variable numbers of parts in our part studios and thus the manual selection option that comes with the built in composite tool doesn't work.

On reflection, a better solution might be if the part studio patterning features had an option for placing all of the parts in a composite. Until that feature is added by Onshape, this offers an alternative. And yes, I know that assemblies would seem to be the right place for patterning, but our design approach doesn't yet work in assemblies.

The user can select all bodies, all composite bodies, or all non composite bodies. In addition the user can subtract bodies from the selection. The selected bodies are highlighted so the user can quickly verify that the correct bodies are selected.

Comments