Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I cannot execute a "no-mouse "right click" in drawing.

I am trying to edit the views on a drawing and I do not have a mouse (using the touch pad).  I cannot open the view menu to do things like shading and showing hidden lines etc.  The ctrl-click works in the part tab, but not in the drawing tab. I am not in a position to add a mouse.  What is the solution

Answers

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    This is likely computer specific. Can you share what kind of computer/OS you're using? On my computer "right-click" on my touchpad is accomplished by clicking with two fingers on the touchpad at the same time. I also have the bottom right corner of my touchpad set up as a "right-click".

I would suggest looking at the touchpad settings on your computer to see how yours is set up.  
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
    Also to add, if you changed your default Onshape mouse preferences, it might physically be impossible to get certain functions with a trackpad. I had changed my default preferences to be the same as Creo, and it was not possible to rotate (or pan, I forget which one now) using the trackpad on my MacBook, as the middle button was required, and there is no middle button equivalent on the trackpad. I changed the default back to Onshape, and now it works.