Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why is it so and how can I fix it,

I recently started to use Onshape. Making plans for a letter box, Sent my DXF to the cutters, whose response was WHY is your letter box 32mt tall.
Checked my units settings (OKmm) checked my file with eDrawings to find the 32mt tower.

So what am I doing not right

THANKS anybody.......................

Best Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    They need to set the units on their software when they import, as the DXF file format is unitless
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Never had problem's about unit's when you export directly from a planar face, like this

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    They need to set the units on their software when they import, as the DXF file format is unitless
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    See this discussion thread from a few weeks ago.  In summary, DXF file format is unitless, but there are some parameters that importing software use to "guess" at the units. Sometimes they get it wrong. 

Dimensions not correct when exported from OnShape — Onshape
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Never had problem's about unit's when you export directly from a planar face, like this
  • charlie_aaquilinacharlie_aaquilina Member Posts: 3
    Thank you I shall try that out.