Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to change my account from public to educational?

I created my account just before class started and did not created appropriately.  I don't want to lose what I have done until now. Is it possible to switch from public account to educational?
Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• myriam_gauthiermyriam_gauthier Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Done. Thanks very much!
  • rebecca_wustraurebecca_wustrau Member Posts: 1
    Hi there- I am a teacher and I have had several students accidentally sign up for the public account instead of the educational account. I've had them follow this process but they still are showing public accounts. Who do I need to contact to get their accounts transferred to EDU accounts? I'd like them all to have access to the same capabilities as soon as possible. Thank you-
  • Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    @rebecca_wustrau

Please make sure they sign into Onshape first, then go to https://www.onshape.com/edu#form-container and fill out the form with the same email account information. This will upgrade their account to to our Education Plan.

If that does not work, you can create a support ticket by signing into Onshape, clicking on the question mark icon next to your name at the top right, and then selecting "Report a bug." Alternatively, you can reach out to us by filling out the Contact us form on our website: https://www.onshape.com/en/contact.