Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Older Documents

johan_ruttenjohan_rutten Member Posts: 5 EDU
Hello, i have a little problem with my documents. Iff i open one document that i made last year like 4 months ago, i can't make any ajustments now.
Can someone tell me what the problem can be?

Best Answers

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Answer ✓
    Hi Johan, we need more information to be able to help you (see https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist-read-this-first) -- at least a link to the document and a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to make a change.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 692
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Is it possible that the document is private, but you are now using a free account? In this case make the document public in order to be able to modify it.
    Answer ✓
    The document has an EDU marker.  You're on a free account.  Was it made by a different account?  (I can't tell since there's no link to the document)  To modify it with a free account, you have to make it public.  If the document is owned by a different account, that may only be doable from that account.
    Answer ✓
    edu accounts expire on some periodicity and are converted to free account. If you are still at school, you should be able to renew your edu account. see this post https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/59532/#Comment_59532

Answers

Answer ✓
    Hi Johan, we need more information to be able to help you (see https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist-read-this-first) -- at least a link to the document and a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to make a change.
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Is it possible that the document is private, but you are now using a free account? In this case make the document public in order to be able to modify it.
  • johan_ruttenjohan_rutten Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Hello, here is a picture of a document that made a few months ago. as you can see i can't make any adjustments anymore. Can i change this document to an other status en how can i do this? 
    Answer ✓
    The document has an EDU marker.  You're on a free account.  Was it made by a different account?  (I can't tell since there's no link to the document)  To modify it with a free account, you have to make it public.  If the document is owned by a different account, that may only be doable from that account.
    Answer ✓
    edu accounts expire on some periodicity and are converted to free account. If you are still at school, you should be able to renew your edu account. see this post https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/59532/#Comment_59532
    Hello, here is a picture of a document that made a few months ago. as you can see i can't make any adjustments anymore. Can i change this document to an other status en how can i do this? 
    Hello, Thanks for answering my question. It solved my problem.
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    @johan_rutten
    How do you get the language in Dutch????