Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

drawing lines at an angle in a drawing

Conant_CustomConant_Custom Member Posts: 7 PRO
I have a need to draw a line representing an angled ceiling in a 2D drawing. For example I may have a model of a chandelier specifically designed for a ceiling with a 12 degree slope, and I just want to sketch a line in the drawing that lines up with the 12 degree mounting plate on the chandelier. I can't simply add an angle to the line relative to a horizontal, and I can't define the line as parallel to the angled feature in question. As it is purely for aesthetic purposes, I just click and drag the line until it is "close enough", but I feel like there must be an easy way to just set a line to an angle in a drawing. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers