Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a feautre on onshape similar to the "Share Sketch" feauture on inventor?

danie_hesterdanie_hester Member Posts: 2 EDU
I tried to skip using the feature but then what ends up happening is that the sketch, later on, is full of errors. 

I am trying to do an assignment on onshape and the only video available/ instructions I have is a tutorial on Inventor. Here is the video and timestamp of what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RHyKeWiaoY&t=286s time stamp 4:45-5:30

Because of this, I cannot complete the assignment. Someone, please help. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    You don't need to "share" a sketch - just turn on its visibility (eye icon next to sketch) and use it. Also, just watching the start of that video - not good modeling advice.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI