Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

BOM EXPORTING CHANGES

josh_prangejosh_prange Member Posts: 3
Is there a way to modify or write a script to change how the BOM for an entire project is exported? the way the BOM is exported currently is not in a good format for us to purchase from. Please send me any information. I now this is my hobby account but my work just purchased Onshape Pro and this is something we are interested in.

Answers

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    I usually just copy the BOM and then paste as text straight into Excel or Google sheets. Be sure you paste as text otherwise part numbers with leading zeros will have there zeros removed.
  • josh_prangejosh_prange Member Posts: 3
    so there is no way to write a script to apply to the export so the data is the way i want it? Or there is no way to create an app so that i can access the data for all the parts in a project and create my own BOM?
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    Probably but I'm very unfamiliar with scripting @lougallo has made a Bom to Google sheets app in the app store. Maybe he can lead you in a good direction.