Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Moving Part Studios to another document

jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
As I try to figure out how I want our Onshape to be organized, I have created several Part Studios that I now realize should be in some sort of Standard location that can be shared by any future project (document).  I have these in a folder within the existing project (document) but there is no option to move those folders to another document.  I feel this would be a good choice so that others will know where to go to find the specific shared object rather than searching through all existing documents to see if it is available. 

I am not so far along that I couldn't delete them and re-import them but I was hoping there is a better way since the objects are already used in assemblies with configurations and deleting them would break the assembly and configurations.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    You can move part studios and assemblies etc to a new document. Right click on selection as shown in clip and select move to document or new document. The documents can then be moved to any folder you wish for organizing.

Answers

• PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    You can move part studios and assemblies etc to a new document. Right click on selection as shown in clip and select move to document or new document. The documents can then be moved to any folder you wish for organizing.

• Gerard_at_RexGerard_at_Rex Member Posts: 2
    None of above works. Right-click on a selected tab or part does not offer a move option. Nor a copy, so I could paste it into a new document. What am I overlooking?
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    @Gerard_at_Rex

Are you looking at a version or an active workspace? I don’t think this works if it’s a version.