Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Free Onshape Projects with instruction sheets, drawings and step by step videos available

John_GrangerJohn_Granger Member Posts: 7 EDU
Hi, I am a retired teacher and have developed a series of instructional projects for teaching Onshape in the classroom or online.  Each project has a free downloadable instruction sheet with dimensioned drawings and link to step by step videos.  There are projects for making parts, assemblies and animations.  Projects like a fidget spinner, do nothing machine, toy airplane or robot gripper are available in this format.  There is also a set of 20 part modeling projects to teach many aspects of sketching and part modeling. New materials is being added.  Please check it out
https://cadvideotutor.com

Comments

• Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    Cheers for this! I will check it out next week! 
  • HakroHakro Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    Very helpfull for beginners. Thanks.
  • nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
    I browsed the website but didn't try the assignments yet. The website looks very well laid out.
  • Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    Some really good stuff there!  I might steal borrow some of those for my students.
  • justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
    Thank you @John_Granger

I've been teaching Onshape for a while but could always use new projects
  • Ed_CharlwoodEd_Charlwood Member, User Group Leader, Channel partner Posts: 4 EDU
    edited October 2022
    This is great, thanks for all the work you have put in, and for sharing!
    Just an idea, but how about having some context-based, open-ended challenges after each project? For example, in the Robot Gripper you could customize the gripper jaw to increase the grip, or for a specific purpose like picking up a cable on a submarine arm?

It would also be so cool if all the project set parts could be assembled into something like a pair of headphones or micro-scooter?
  • jascha_narvesonjascha_narveson Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thank you for these - they're a great addition to my list of projects for students to check out. 
  • René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Good job! That certainly took a lot of time.
  • terry_brileyterry_briley Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Thank you for sharing.  I have used this website in my class.  It was very helpful to the students, thanks again.
  • kevin_papkekevin_papke Member Posts: 2 EDU
    John's instructional videos are AWESOME!   I use the "do-nothing" machine with my class to start out learning how to use some of the basic skills.  My students love it!   I even 3D printed one of the do-nothing machines so they can see what it looks like when it's finished.
    Thank you so much for putting all the time into these videos.  They are great!