Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't interact with view cube?

david_blackmandavid_blackman Member Posts: 4
Hey all,

Somewhat new to onshape, but I've consistently been having a problem where when I click and drag on the view cube, I imagine that the view should rotate with me but instead the view cube just moves around the screen. Is that expected behavior? I'm seeing it in different browsers.

Thanks,
David

Answers

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    Use the same button you use to rotate the view normally to rotate using the view cube. By default, this will be the right mouse button.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • david_blackmandavid_blackman Member Posts: 4
    So does it not work at all with a macbook trackpad? neither option-click nor two finger click works
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Yes I use it all the time - rotate is click-drag right mouse button, so on a trackpad you can set it to be click-hold-lower-right-drag-with-other-finger or as I have it which is click-drag-two-fingers. And please ignore the view cube top right, just drag in the graphics area.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI