Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I create wireframe images for a client?

I am looking for a way to create wireframe images from some models I created in Onshape.  The images will be used by a patent attorney.  I've tried creating drawings but the edges are to thick.  The patent attorney has access to eDrawings but we havent figured out how to get the models into Edrawings.  Step and Solidworks models wont work.  Any ideas?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Go to the view menu (below view cube top right) and change the shading mode. This would be much better than edrawings. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ben_sanders455ben_sanders455 Member Posts: 3
    I see where translucent has long ago replaced wireframe (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/211/improvements-to-onshape-november-20-2014#latest (number 4)). I am getting colored/shaded translucent bodies. I need clean black and white wireframe with consistent line weight (for a patent application). Hidden Lines gives me light grey hidden lines, and translucent gives me a watercolor shading of the imported parts in my assembly. Is there a way to get clean, black, consistently weighted wireframe (including the hidden lines) either on screen or in a drawing?
  • ben_sanders455ben_sanders455 Member Posts: 3
    I see where translucent has long ago replaced wireframe (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/211/improvements-to-onshape-november-20-2014#latest (number 4)). I need clean black and white wireframe with consistent line weight (for a patent application). Hidden Lines gives me light grey hidden lines, and translucent gives me a watercolor shading of the imported parts in my assembly. Is there a way to get clean, black, consistently weighted wireframe (including the hidden lines) either on screen or in a drawing?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Drawings is the correct way to do this and you can modify the line weight in the drawing properties 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI