Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

can you change the color of the planes

I was wondering if you can change the colour of the planes and text seeing as I find some blues very difficult to see?

Best Answer

• aholmesaholmes Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jade, I'm from our User Experience team. You can't change the color at the moment, but what would you want to change the color to if you could? Are there other parts of Onshape that you find difficult to see?

Answers

Answer ✓
    Hi Jade, I'm from our User Experience team. You can't change the color at the moment, but what would you want to change the color to if you could? Are there other parts of Onshape that you find difficult to see?
  • jade_eastonjade_easton Member Posts: 4
    Hello, If I could I would want to change it to red. The only other part of Onshape that is kinda difficult to see is the blue on the sketch tools. Thank you so much for the response :smile:   
    Thanks Jade! Is there a reason for red? Better contrast or personal preference?
  • Matthew_CurranMatthew_Curran Member, csevp Posts: 19 PRO
    Hi Jade, while I don't think this is the best solution, it might be helpful until accessibility options are added into Onshape. I found an extension for chrome that is supposed to help with different colorblindness.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/16771/can-you-change-the-color-of-the-planes 
    The most effective option I found was the Blue-Blind / Tritanopia setting that changed all blue colors in Onshape to a greenish color. See image below.