Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Suggestion for self paced tutorials

jack_erhartjack_erhart Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
Are there choices of instructors for the online tutorials? The ones I have experienced so far talk and move way to fast. It's a waste of time to try to follow.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
    I went through almost all the tutorials. They switch up the instructors quite a bit.
  • Options
    jack_erhartjack_erhart Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I have learned to slow the videos down, so that has help. But I'm still curious if this just me, or are others experiencing the same thing? Just getting old I guess! 
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    @jack_erhart - I have the same problem with many of the tutorials, especially when the subject is completely new to me.  I put that down at least partially to a somewhat aging brain.

• Options
    kate_leipold_ritkate_leipold_rit Member Posts: 36 EDU
    To me, all instructional videos need to have variable speed and well done captions.  Everyone is going to want to use variable pacing... 
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Hit the ? button and do a search in the help file, works for me, better than the tutorials.

• Options
    John_GrangerJohn_Granger Member Posts: 7 EDU
    I have posted a series of self paced tutorials (Ad-Free and no sign-up) appropriate for all users and paced at a rate that are easy to follow.  Feel free to use them or share them with your students.  https://cadvideotutor.com