Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

1st tutorial for absolute beginner to CAD?

nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
edited October 2021 in Learning Center
Hello all, I have a friend who wants to learn CAD, and also have his 10yr old son learn. Both are absolute beginners to both CAD and mechanical design. I set him up with a free acct and showed him how to make a simple box. What is the 1st tutorial he should do? Is it "CAD Basics"? or "Onshape Fundamentals: CAD"? Or other?

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @nick_papageorge073
    They should start with the CAD Basics pathway. Those courses are designed for absolute beginners to any 3D parametric feature-based CAD tool. The Onshape Fundamentals: CAD pathway is for users who are new to Onshape, but have some experience with other CAD tools. I would recommend that path after they complete CAD Basics.

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @nick_papageorge073
    They should start with the CAD Basics pathway. Those courses are designed for absolute beginners to any 3D parametric feature-based CAD tool. The Onshape Fundamentals: CAD pathway is for users who are new to Onshape, but have some experience with other CAD tools. I would recommend that path after they complete CAD Basics.
  • Zografa_LottZografa_Lott Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I am in the Intro to CAD. How can I restart a lesson if I have completely messed up? In other words, how can I start a lesson from scratch without having to start the course over completely.?   I am so frustrated.