Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New Learning Videos - For New Onshape Users

Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
edited July 2015 in General
Hello Onshape Nation

Last week we posted a new learning section of our website.  We now have 5 Onshape essential learning videos covering the basics of the Onshape Data structure, UI, Part Modeling, Assembly Modeling, and Onshape Mobile interface.
https://www.onshape.com/learn/essential-training-series#!lesson-number=1&title=documents-ui  

We also have provided On Demand training, that links to over 30 recorded webinars and video content.
https://www.onshape.com/learn/on-demand-training#!all-videos 

Give it a look, and tell us what you think.

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Thank you @darren_henry for posting such a essential learning videos which provide us basic knowledge and concept of Onshape.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Back in time when I got my hands on Alibre's learning videos which covered each feature example shown in video, I liked it very much. Onshape could make this a lot more intuitive, there could be help button that would instantly show how to use selected feature.

It would be much better than bunch of videos on another site when you need some rarely needed feature and would like to quickly take a 7 sec example on workflow&result. Those videos might even run on expanded tooltip.

I would also like to see more information on those additional 'checkbox' features (like 'second end position' in extrude dialog) when hovering name.
    When you (think you) know the basic use of software, going into help site happens rarely. You might use familiar workarounds even years not knowing that some checkbox that came with some update would do the trick you have waited..

Any thoughts?
    //rami
  • peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Firstly thank you for the videos I always find them useful, similarly the what's new videos/text on the forum helps keep the learning experience going. Personally though I find the movement of the mouse to the specified tasks is a little quick so I am constantly pausing and rewinding. so waiting a second or two before clicking would help a lot. Also Is there a way of showing videos half screen alongside users working area, so effectively we could copy along, this would speed up our learning experience. thanks.
  • Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
    Great comments.  thanks.  

I will try to slow down the mouse movement  in future videos.  If you want to view the videos side by side, simply run in two browser windows.  We are looking for better ways to serve up videos and content with the application.  

Darren