Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there any specific data limit for a user to create number of Onshape documents?

shashank_shirodkarshashank_shirodkar OS Professional Posts: 4 ✭✭
I would like to know if there is any data limit in Onshape up to which user can create number of documents. e.g. suppose I create more than 2 GB of document data, will it still allow me to create more?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    A bigger question for me is will a paying user get faster servers/ less contention on pipeline to the servers? I can see a situation where free user accounts clog up servers, slowing it all down for the paying folks if everybody shares.
  • Options
    pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    A bigger question for me is will a paying user get faster servers/ less contention on pipeline to the servers? I can see a situation where free user accounts clog up servers, slowing it all down for the paying folks if everybody shares.
    You mean like YouTube?
  • Options
    john_mceleneyjohn_mceleney Onshape Employees Posts: 57
    @kevinquigley we will not discriminate on free vs professional users. We want our free users to have all the same tools, power and performance as the professional users. It is our belief that professional users will value the ability to have private documents. 

John