Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Student's simple box by conversion will not create the flat pattern

jack_aiellojack_aiello Member Posts: 12 EDU
I have been closely watching one of my students trying to create a flat pattern of an open ( five sided) box by conversion.  For some reason when he selects the joints to turn into bends along the bottom of the box to form the plus sign flat pattern none of the edges will join.  I can't seem to findout what he is doing wrong.  I made sure that the entire extruded box is selected to convert and the top of the box is excluded. Once he closes the sheetmetal icon and begins selecting the edges to turn into bends, his flat pattern refuses to join. Any suggestions on what to do?  It works when I do the same steps on my computer.

Answers