Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Forum Post Checklist (Read this first)
There are not many rules on this forum other than the obvious ones, like being polite and respectful, but I thought it worthwhile to make a list of things you might consider before requesting help. The members of this forum are a friendly bunch and will bend over backwards to help you, but following this checklist before posting will likely get your question answered much faster:
- Use the forum search tool in the top right corner of this page to see if your question has been answered before. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, create a new post. If you're asking a question, please use the "Ask a Question" option under the "New Discussion" drop-down menu. This will enable you to mark the best answer using the "Did this answer the question?" link at the bottom of each answer.
Please be as descriptive as you can (with images if possible) and copy & paste the URL of a Public Document that represents the problem you are trying to solve.
If you intend to continue working on the document, make a version where the issue is present and post the URL of that version instead. Otherwise, when a forum reader looks at your link, they will see the current state of the document (which may have attempted solutions, workarounds, or something else entirely) rather than the issue.
If you are new to Onshape or your question is a simple “How do I …?”, please take the time to review the free online training resources at https://learn.onshape.com or search the online Help. You can also review the many videos and recorded webinars in the Onshape Video Library or YouTube channel to see if the topic has already been covered.
If you are requesting new functionality, please visit the Improvement Requests category on the right. Search first to see if your request has already been made, then add your vote. Otherwise, create a new Improvement Request and be as descriptive as possible, including the reasons and benefits behind your idea.
Once your problem is solved / question is answered:
- Do not delete the post/comment, someone else might find it useful when struggling with a similar issue.
- Mark useful replies as answers (if you posted a question).
- Reply and let us know if your problem was solved or not.
- Give something back, help someone once you get more advanced.
Finally, there’s no such thing as a stupid question! Ask anything you want, but please be respectful of other people’s time.