Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to add extra search keywords to a feature?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
Sometimes it would be nice to be able to type a few different things into the feature search bar and find the right thing. For example I have this Cone feature, but it can also make cylinders. I don't want to name the feature "Cone/Cylinder" but would love for the keyword "cylinder" to also bring it up when searching. Likewise for the "Cube" feature, I'd love to also let people type "box" and bring it up. 
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I use this
    annotation { "Feature Type Name" : "C2i Redondeo Completo",
            "Filter Selector" : ["allparts", "c2i"],
            "Editing Logic Function" : "C2iELRedondeoCompleto",
            "Icon" : icon::BLOB_DATA
        }
    So you can try with
    annotation { "Feature Type Name" : "Cone",
            "Filter Selector" : ["allparts", "Cylinder"],
            "Manipulator Change Function" : "twoEndedManipulatorFunction",
            "Editing Logic Function" : "twoEndedPrimitiveEditingLogic",
            "Icon" : icon::BLOB_DATA}

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Ah cool, thanks! What I'm looking for is a way to make it show up here, which Filter Selector doesn't seem to do. 

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • ”Feature Type Description”: A description of what the feature does and how to use it, to be displayed in feature tooltips and the “Search tools” panel.
    annotation { "Feature Type Name" : "Slot",
       "Feature Type Description" : "Creates a rectangular slot in a selected part.<br>" ~
       "This feature is an <b>example</b>"
     }
    This should work
    annotation { "Feature Type Name" : "Cone",
            "Feature Type Description" : "Creates cones and cylinders"],
    "Manipulator Change Function" : "twoEndedManipulatorFunction", "Editing Logic Function" : "twoEndedPrimitiveEditingLogic", "Icon" : icon::BLOB_DATA}
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Thanks.I've tried that too, but it doesn't make it show up when I search it. It just adds a description once you find it, which is still cool. Just not what I'm going for.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    The keyword search is an internal table we maintain - great IR though.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    +1
    Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
  • George_AndersonGeorge_Anderson Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Ditto, this would be incredibly useful for me.