Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

*.cad file viewer or conversion software

Hello Folks,
I have a dilemma. I have a customer with a bunch of 2D *.cad drawings that they want updated so they (me) can revise, update and change. These file formats are in (*.cad) format and I can't seem to find a platform which will convert or at the very least view and print. anyone have any suggestions???? I have been at it for 4 hours and have given up.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Art
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    I assume you have seen this: https://file.org/extension/cad

Have you looked into Autosketch?

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    That's a new one on me
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this are BobCAD files
    Can you ask them to be sent to you in DXF or DWG format?
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    art_garland_art_garland_ Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Thanks for all the help Onshape Friends, Much appreciated!!!
    I found an obscure software that barely works on windows 10 named "Cadra View Express" lots of speed bumps but displays the files and allows me to screen capture into PDF format. ...... So the fun begins:)

Happy designing!!!
    Art