Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Allow Non-destructive Ace Commands in View Only FeatureScripts

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
edited January 2022 in FeatureScript
Right now if I want to search for something in std.fs I have to make a copy of it. If I hit CMD-F in a view only FeatureScript, I get the browser text search which only works for what's on screen - which is not helpful for long bits of code. If I'm in an editable version of a FeatureScript, CMD-F uses the Ace search and looks through the entire text of the current tab.

It seems like a waste to make a copy of std.fs just to be able to search.

[EDIT] Never mind. The problem was I needed to click into the text area. Even though it's view only, if the Ace area doesn't have focus, the search tool that comes up is the browser search not the Ace search.
This request can be ignored.

Comments

• Options
    brooke_spreenbrooke_spreen Member, Developers Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Seeing different behavior in Firefox - CMD-F pulls up the integrated search bar, which successfully searches through the full tab. Browser issue?

Design Engineer | Anerdgy AG
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,377
    Yeah you shouldn't have to make a copy - also there is the full doc search icon next to the share button
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI