Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Display States

wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
 Does anyone else find it slightly annoying not to be able to rename a display state, for example when you make a typo or you change your mind for a name? I realize that it is not hard to create another display state however that requires deleting the old one and going through all drawings and setting the view to the right display state again seems like a lot of work for just a typo.   
 Has someone found a way to correct things like this? Is it a none Issue for most of you? I realize that a display state is somewhat of a snapshot so does that mean that editing the name should not be allowed by good computer coding standards.  Named views are the same.  
 I will submit an improvement request if no one has a good solution to this. 

Comments