Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't subtract on certain parts

zach_morriszach_morris Member Posts: 10
I designed this cap for a repair I'm making, but I'm unable to subtract 4 of my 6 screw holes to bring the height down. It seems that the only differences is that the two that worked are adjoined to 2 walls as opposed to just 1. I've already spent way too long getting it to this point, but I figure it's just one of those things that someone could point out super quick. I appreciate any help!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4aae0cd50e6cef7caf64ce3c/w/4928d5fc75b044f54c0212c3/e/ee75c0f375d993ecff2f09ce

Best Answers

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not sure exactly what the issue is, I'm guessing you wanted to add some more faces to "extrude7"?
    Unless I am missing something, I think you should be able to use the "second end position" option on extrude4 to bring the top face down where you want it (instead of using a separate extrude).
  • steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    @zach_morris

@eric_pesty

Eric is right. That’s all you had to do

In the document I posted up above, go look in Part Studio 3 for Eric‘s solution

Zach, as to why you weren’t able to do it the way you thought it should work, is because most likely, Sketch 1 one was getting in the way of you selecting the faces of the part. And there also had to be a split made to make it work the way you were talking about doing it Zack

But Eric is right. The best way to do it was do a second end position extrusion on Extrusion 4

Answers

edited May 2022
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not sure exactly what the issue is, I'm guessing you wanted to add some more faces to "extrude7"?
    Unless I am missing something, I think you should be able to use the "second end position" option on extrude4 to bring the top face down where you want it (instead of using a separate extrude).
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    @zach_morris

@eric_pesty

Eric is right. That’s all you had to do

In the document I posted up above, go look in Part Studio 3 for Eric‘s solution

Zach, as to why you weren’t able to do it the way you thought it should work, is because most likely, Sketch 1 one was getting in the way of you selecting the faces of the part. And there also had to be a split made to make it work the way you were talking about doing it Zack

But Eric is right. The best way to do it was do a second end position extrusion on Extrusion 4