Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Copy with transform command

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Community Support
Is there a copy ability when using the transform command in sketch? If not it would be nice to have the ability when moving or rotating a sketch entity to have the ability to keep the selected entity in its current location and make a copy of it to move or rotate.

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Best Answer

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Sketch Pattern does exactly what you want. If you need to do any combination of moving, rotating, or scaling, you'll have to use more than one command. But as long as the first operation is a pattern (instead of transform), you'll still have the original geometry.

• paul_mcgivenpaul_mcgiven Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    its one of the most basic primeval commands in CAD to be able to duplicate, form the 1980's when i started using CAD, this is a wonderful product i cant understand why you cant add a copy command to the transform, copy and paste is not the answer,