Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why arent mates working on mirrored features

morgan_maymorgan_may Member Posts: 4
I'm sure I'm missing something here. I'm trying to mate the flat face (in orange) to the face that looks to be coplanar with it in the attached image. No matter what I do, I can't seem to be able to select any face on the larger part. Literally none of the faces are selectable. I've tried selecting bolt holes, edges curved faces, the only thing I get (if anything) is the "Mate connector" shown in red. Am I missing something here? I'm sure it's something basic

The larger part in this assembly has a ton of mirrored features, so I'm wondering if that's causing the issue? I also had some merge and delete features in the large part which... may??? be causing issues??. There are no build errors on either part though and they are both single body parts now

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    It looks like you need to check out the Onshape learning center and study up on assemblies.
    Onshape work A LOT different than what you may be used to. It is worth taking a half hour or so to get the fundamentals. It will solve most of your problems.

Onshape Assemblies - Onshape Learning Center