Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Top Down Design: How to create a new part defined by space between part and sub-assy

fred_burttfred_burtt Member Posts: 11
Hi, I'm new to Onshape and am trying to get a handle on top-down design in this platform. I have gone through most of the tutorials and have checked a number of forum posts, but haven't found the solution.

I am trying to create a new part based on the relationship between a single part, modeled in an in-document part studio, and an imported assembly.

I created a generic model to help me understand this process, which consists of a mounting plate and an imported motor assy mated to it at an angle.

.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/986342512d85a98829cada66/w/302f90979035a36830a30743/e/b588dcaca05d2add9546afdf?renderMode=0&uiState=62b4aadea7f5115a93dc2b6a

What is the best way to go about creating a new part to act as a mounting feature to join the two?

Best Answers

Answers