Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Only one edge per fillet?

ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
I have a shape I'm trying to apply a fillets to 2 corners. One corner is fine, when I add the second corner, the fillet fails to generate. Is this normal behavior?
Tagged:

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    It may depend on the raidius or other topology. Do you have a screenshot or a link to the model? 

You should be able to use one fillet command to fillet hundreds of edges. 

But you can't fillet an edge that is created by the same fillet comand. In those cases you need a second fillet feature 
  • ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Makes no difference with tangent prop, radius, cross section type.

change Measurement from "Width" to "Radius"
  • ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Yay! Thanks! Why?
    Not, sure, I've never used 'width' mode
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    I have found width mode to be quite flaky and picky about it will accept, not sure why. It was added pretty recently and I think the math is a lot more complicated but unless you need to use the width style fillet specifically I would stick with "Radius" mode!
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I'm usually in favor of feature UI remembering the previous selection, but this might be one case where I actually don't want that. It can still make me do a double take when some basic fillet fails and I've forgotten to change it back to Radius. That said, I love the width option and use it pretty often, mostly for aesthetic reasons.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl