Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why can't I extrude my free form shape?

I made this shape with the Spline tool and went to extrude it but it said it did not regenerate properly and I don't know why. It shows that it is closed but it still won't extrude. Can someone take a look at it? It is called the One handed book holder.

Best Answer

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just tried this with a similar shape. The Bezier would not form a closed loop according the the message I got. However I could draw one side and mirror. Then drag points on the first curve and apply constraints as needed for final shape.

If the inside of the loop area is not filled then it's not closed.

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    URL please
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Trinity_HudsonTrinity_Hudson Member Posts: 4
    I am in school so I can't share it with you. The best I can do is a screen shot, I hope that is enough but I will totally understand if you can't do anything. Thank you for trying!
  • glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just tried this with a similar shape. The Bezier would not form a closed loop according the the message I got. However I could draw one side and mirror. Then drag points on the first curve and apply constraints as needed for final shape.

If the inside of the loop area is not filled then it's not closed.