Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - October 10th, 2022

13»

Comments

• Triton_EngineeringTriton_Engineering Member Posts: 14 PRO
    Awesome update!!  So cool!!  It's not possible to animate on mobile is it?  Was trying to show animation in AR but dont see it as being possible?  Also any estimate when simulation will be released to Pro users?
  • Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    Was trying to show animation in AR but dont see it as being possible?
    Did you update the app? I don't know about Android but the iOS app was released a couple days after this release and it's there now.
  • Triton_EngineeringTriton_Engineering Member Posts: 14 PRO
    Was trying to show animation in AR but dont see it as being possible?
    Did you update the app? I don't know about Android but the iOS app was released a couple days after this release and it's there now.
    Thanks for the reply!  Yes I do have AR in the app but was looking to see if you can animate a mate in the app and view the model while it is animating in AR view.  Doesnt look like this is possible though unless I am missing something...
  • amir_livneamir_livne Member Posts: 76 EDU
    Hi
    I saw the "Onshape Simulation beta" and I would like to ask whether it will be available for "Onshape Education" as well.
    As a college lecture I must say that it is part of the syllabus and all other application are not "friendly..."
    In "Solidworks" that feature is an integral part of students license.
    I really hope that this time we'll not stay outside.
    Amir Livneh
  • nick971nick971 Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Hi
    I saw the "Onshape Simulation beta" and I would like to ask whether it will be available for "Onshape Education" as well.
    As a college lecture I must say that it is part of the syllabus and all other application are not "friendly..."
    In "Solidworks" that feature is an integral part of students license.
    I really hope that this time we'll not stay outside.
    Amir Livneh
    I would also love this feature to be available to use with our FIRST Robotics Competition team students.
  • don_williams909don_williams909 Member Posts: 138 PRO
    I'm curious, but since there's no way to show weldments in an assembly, how will the Simulation/FEA work with a welded component?  How would it calculate loads and deformation of welded parts?
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
    @emagdalenaC2i - Thanks!  I guess the next question is will the FEA treat the assembly as welded parts?
    @emagdalenaC2i - I'm also not seeing "Welds" in the list of feature scripts...?

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the next question is will the FEA treat the assembly as welded parts?
    There are parts, just parts.
    You can set all the connection options that you want.

@don_williams909don_williams909 said:
    I'm also not seeing "Welds" in the list of feature scripts...?
    Three years ago @MBartlett21and I agreed to share that FS.
    It is in the "Community spotlight", a collection of FeatureScripts created by different users and compiled by Onshape.
    Just search "Weld" or "FeatureScript Weld" in the "Community spotlight".
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • It doesn't make much sense to train our students in CAD with OnShape and have to change to Fusion 360 or SolidWorks when we need to train in PCB Design or Simulation or CAM. This could lead to replanting the OnShape option as a work tool at our University.