Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Direct Editing - Rotate

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
I have designed a clip on a plastic part and now I want to change the position. But now I am too lazy to draw the contour again and want to reposition the clip by the "move face". I have never used the feature for such an action. I have already looked at the tutorial in the Learningcenter, but it doesn't really get me anywhere.
The feature throws an error by itself. In addition, the 90° I want are twisted....

The clips should rotate 90° around the mateconnector and end up sitting at the position where the rectangle is located as a sketch.
Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    Can you split the clip from the main part? 
    Then you could use Transform to rotate the "Clip body" and use a boolean feature to merge it again.
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    I think it was because the clip was connected to the outer wall (Coincident) and the cutout to demold was also a problem.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    Can you split the clip from the main part? 
    Then you could use Transform to rotate the "Clip body" and use a boolean feature to merge it again.

ouh this would be a good option too. I think this should work too! Thank you
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    Yes, I was going to suggest doing a body transform instead. The key thing to keep in mind with the "move face" is that it generally can't create or delete faces.
    If you can visualize the operation with just "sliding" things around it should be ok but if anything needs to "jump" it will fail.