Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Only 5 teams accessible for sharing?

Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
I created 6 teams and to show the problem I also created team 'test'. 

Now I want to share documents and folders with the 7th team ‘test’. However, before assigning I only get to see the first teams 1-5 I ever created. Team  6 and ‘test’ I can't reach. Is the number of teams that can be shared with limited to 5 or am I doing something wrong?

Henk de Vlaam (NL)

Best Answer

• mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 62
    Answer ✓
    Well, this is super simple but - have you tried to type the name of the invisible teams in the dialog window when sharing....? Where it says "Search Names" in your screenshot.
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI

Answers

Could you check if the team test that is not working may not have any team members assigned?
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    @mfalkensteiner, Michael,

No, team 'test' has no members yet. However, focus on the 6th team - which is blurred here - and forget team' test', which was only created to show a recognizable team in this topic.
    Team '6' has 3 members and myself as admin. Each member also shared a folder with the team. As said, I would also like to share a folder with that team but cannot access it.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
    Is it possible that the folder you want to share is a subfolder? Only top-level folders can be explicitly shared, and all Share details apply to the contents of the folder, including all documents and any sub-folders, even if they are moved into the folder at a later time.
    Is it possible that the folder you want to share is a subfolder? Only top-level folders can be explicitly shared, and all Share details apply to the contents of the folder, including all documents and any sub-folders, even if they are moved into the folder at a later time.

I all know. No, it's a top-level folder.
    In the meantime I also added a member to team 'test', but this team also remains invisible for sharing. So far still only 5 teams selectable.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
    Answer ✓
    Well, this is super simple but - have you tried to type the name of the invisible teams in the dialog window when sharing....? Where it says "Search Names" in your screenshot.
    edited January 2023
    @mfalkensteiner,

That is it! Oh shame... how stuck can I be in my mind.
    Thank you very much for this simple solution.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
    Gladly - I admit, I also thought much too complicated here ;-)