Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Bulk Item Management + Instant Provisoning. What are they - no mention in the HELP

jonathan_stedmanjonathan_stedman Member, Mentor Posts: 65 PRO
What is "Bulk Item Management" listed in the features provided by Onshape Professional.  there is nothing in the HELP when searched for.

What is "Instant Provisioning"  listed in the features provided by Onshape Professional.  there is nothing in the HELP when searched for.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.  I had my hopes they would be something exciting as listed as an additional feature for the Professional compared to the Standard subscription.  

Would it be a fair summary to say the significant differences are - Release Management, Render Studio, Simulation, and PCB Studio?  

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    Items are things which typically don’t have geometric representations in CAD (grease, adhesives, etc ).
    https://learn.onshape.com/learn/article/adding-items-to-your-designs-in-onshape

Instant provisioning just means you can add users in seconds by uploading CSV files if you need to manage large numbers of users.
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/EnterpriseHelp/Content/users.htm
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.  I had my hopes they would be something exciting as listed as an additional feature for the Professional compared to the Standard subscription.  

Would it be a fair summary to say the significant differences are - Release Management, Render Studio, Simulation, and PCB Studio?  
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    It depends on your company's needs. For some, Item management could be pretty important. Instant provisioning could be helpful if you have a lot of seats getting turned on and off, but I can't see spending the extra money just for that. From my company's perspective, Enterprise is essential.

If the decision is between Standard and Pro, then Release Management, Render Studio, Simulation, and PCB Studio are the big features, but some of the smaller ones like Search and Where Used, or Automatic Part Numbering could be pretty important too.