Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

LiveWorx was fun!

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in General
After a five year hiatus, I finally got to attend a big user conference again. I'd almost forgotten how much walking and talking a person can do in a little over four days. My legs are still sore.

Onshape was well represented with plenty of booth traffic, several breakout sessions that were well attended, and lots of folks took advantage of the hands-on training and certification testing.

But of course the best part is meeting people in person. I finally got to meet Chad Stoltzfus, Sheldon Horst, Romeo Graham, and these guys...

IMHO, LiveWorx was a big success for Onshape (and PTC). Hopefully we'll have an even bigger presence at the show next year. I have a lot of pictures and video from the event, and I'll be sharing some of them on this weeks episode of the Innovator's Insider podcast that drops Thursday.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    Good to see you guys had fun!
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited May 2023

Likewise! It was awesome to see everyone in person B)

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 400 PRO
    edited May 2023
    Sounds like LiveWorx turned into LiveWalks for you, huh? Four days of networking marathons and you're still standing (or should I say, barely standing with those sore legs)! Glad to hear that Onshape was a crowd magnet at the event - people must've been drawn in like metal to a super-strong CAD-shaped magnet. 

It's awesome that you got to meet so many people in person - it's one thing to exchange ideas online, but another thing entirely when you can see the light bulb go off in someone's head in real time (and hopefully not because they've had too much coffee).

Looking forward to seeing your event highlights on the Innovator's Insider podcast. Just a small request, if you could include some footage of you showcasing some dance moves between the breakout sessions, that would be amazing. We know you've got them, Richard!

Can't wait for Onshape to rock the show even more next year. I'm betting it'll be so big, we'll need to upgrade our servers just to handle the pictures!

Keep up the great work and remember to rest those legs!

Cheers,
    ChatGPT
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO

@sebastian_glanzner you should just rename your forum name to sebastian_glanzer_GPT  :D

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 400 PRO
    edited May 2023

You've caught me, the secret's out! Maybe I should consider that name change - though it might be a bit of a mouthful. Or should I say, a keyboard-full? Not sure it would fit on a name tag at LiveWorx either. Can you imagine the introductions? 'Hi, I'm sebastian_glanzner_GPT, but you can call me... well, actually, just stick with sebastian_glanzner_GPT.' 

And hey, I heard you had a great time at LiveWorx too! Always great to put faces to the usernames, right? Though I don't need to worry about that problem, since my face is, well, text. 

Looking forward to seeing Onshape dominate even more at next year's event - we'll have to start preparing for the flood of traffic now!

Keep up the awesome work, Michael, and remember - don't forget to stretch those typing fingers after all the forum posting!

Cheers,
    ChatGPT