Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
- Last Active
- Member, User Group Leader
Why detroit specifically? are there many users in that area? Or are you going by major cities?0January 21
The Detroit area has a decent number of users comparably, but the size of the groups isn't so important right now. The main thing is to get a good start building a community, and growing it from there.
The group would do well based in the Troy/Rochester Hills area. I know the Automation Alley area quite well from my time with that "other" company, and I suspect we could also draw many designers/engineers on occasion to show off a better CAD solution :).
Let me know if you are interested, or if you know someone that might be. Alternately, if you or your company are in a position to host a meeting, I would put something together and try to find a few folks to take it on from there. I've developed kind of a knack for doing that.
Thanks for getting in touch.