Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

configuration variables in drawing

stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
Hi,

Is there a way to display the variables that were used for a specific assembly configuration on the drawing? I know I can use Configured Assembly properties in the assembly file, but this would imply adding a property value for every possible combination of multiple variables, for the 12 options with several values I have in my assembly, This would be near impossible.
using featurescript I can set (a concatenation of) variables in a property field and display this in a title block or list, but obviously featurescript doesn't work on assemblies. 

thanks. 

Answers

• Options
    tim_hesstim_hess Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Could you configure the text in a sketch and then display the sketch on the drawing? 
  • Options
    stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
    not sure. Can you explain? can you make a sketch in an assembly that references the configuration values?