Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

is it possible to suppres the same part from different configurations in the same assembly.

stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
Hello,
I have a challenge where several parts get unsuppressed in an assembly by one configuration.
choosing another "option" later on suppresses some of these parts yet again. Is this possible? what is a good strategy? 
the example is a frame with legs: if I choose the option "with legs" and later choose to add another frame, 2 of the legs become redundant and have to be removed again. (well its a bit more complex, but that'll illustrate best) 

Best Answer

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Answer ✓
    You can't do it easily but one workaround is to use a folder as you can configure the suppression of a folder with one configuration input and what is in the folder with a different one, so you can get two "options" that way.

Answers

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Answer ✓
    You can't do it easily but one workaround is to use a folder as you can configure the suppression of a folder with one configuration input and what is in the folder with a different one, so you can get two "options" that way.

• stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
    Thanks, interesting idea. I will try that and get back to you on the results. 

• John_vd_WerffJohn_vd_Werff Member Posts: 65 PRO
    @eric_pesty, neat trick!
    I was looking for a way to have conditional configurations, this workaround could accomplish that in some situations.
  • stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
    thanks @eric_pesty that worked just fine! 
    great thinking.