Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
It is annoying to need to click a button to open a dialogue, to then click another button to open the part selection dialogue.
This shouldn't have any negative impact, as of today you can still use the insert view dialogue as normal even with the select part dialogue open at the same time.
My reasoning is, 99.999% of the time, I'm inserting a new part. The rest of the time I'm projecting from an existing view anyways.
Since I've been using OnShape drawings, I have only not needed to select a new part while creating a view about 2 times.
Check out new Learning Center articles about assembly design techniques and best practices for keeping your company's Onshape Documents organized.
- Mating Basics: Understand basic mating strategies in Onshape Assemblies.
- Advanced Mating Techniques: Explore advanced mating techniques utilizing Mate connectors, Snap mode, and Mate relations.
- Onshape's Standard Content: Explore how to use Onhape's Standard content to insert nuts, bolts, and washers into assembly designs.
- Best practices for Managing Custom Libraries: Learn how to create a custom library of reusable and supplier content
- Company Organization in Onshape: Learn how to manage your Onshape company with teams, folders and share permissions.