Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I'd like to be able to change the color of parts in my model

PhilipKaniaPhilipKania Onshape Employees Posts: 2
Is that on the road map for the future?

Best Answer

Answers

• matthew_stein_1matthew_stein_1 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, we definitely plan on allow people to change the colors of parts in their models. I will mark this as a future improvement.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Appears you have to go back to part studio to make appearance changes. Would be nice to do in assembly. My vote is not to have assembly colors. Change one instance color and they all change, keep it simple, no assembly colors.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Interesting point @bill‌. Would be nice to assign.... I will ticket that and send you a copy!
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Let me clarify my desire. I would like the ability to change a components color in an assembly. In an assembly, changing the color changes only the part studio's color. A component has a color in the part studio that matches the component shown in the assembly.
  • johnny_1johnny_1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    It would be nice to change the appearance of parts in the assembly. This appearance should be only valid for that assembly. It should overrule the part appearance in part studio. 

Is it planned or already implemented and overlooked by me? 
This discussion has been closed.