Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there an easy way of transforming parts for creating CAM code?

I'm creating assemblies for cabinets using the Part Studios, and then moving them to an assembly.  But I need to make drawings of the parts where they lie flat for machining on a cnc.
When creating the parts in a part studio, they can be aligned in any direction, and they can be at angles to the primary planes, and of varying thicknesses.
The only method I can find right now to create CAM files for them is to Transform them, often in several steps to the location and direction at which that I need them to be.
Is there an easier way?  This adds hours to my process, and I would love to reduce it down if at all possible.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers