Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

In context editing with transparent view.

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
I have an assembly with one plate overlaying another.  I need to sketch holes in the overlaying plate to match holes in the underlying plate.  Edit in context is the obvious tool but I need see the matching holes.  I know I have done this in the past but now the hidden features stay hidden. 

What does work (but is like playing "Battleship") is to place points randomly on the sketch and then hunt for the hidden background holes with the concentric tool.  I one stumbles into a hidden hole, it shows up so the point can be centered on it.  There has to be a better way.  What am I missing?

Answers

• mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi Bill,

Is this what you are looking to do?

Best,

Mike
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @bill_daniels
    This sounds like graphics behaves differently for you. Could you try a different browser? Please share the document and a picture of what you are trying to do.
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Now I'm puzzled.  The thing worked as expected this morning.