Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fillet Invalid Geometry

joshua_sapersjoshua_sapers Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I am trying to fillet a rectangle; however, the width of the rectangle does not support a .1in fillet. When I try to insert a fillet, it throws me a "The current fillet radius produces invalid geometry". Is there a way to change the fillet radius without adding one first?
Thanks,
Josh

Best Answer

• Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I am trying to fillet a rectangle; however, the width of the rectangle does not support a .1in fillet. When I try to insert a fillet, it throws me a "The current fillet radius produces invalid geometry". Is there a way to change the fillet radius without adding one first?
    Thanks,
    Josh
    Try selecting the two adjacent edges instead of clicking on the corner. Are you still able to do a sketch fillet?

Answers

• Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Josh
    Try selecting the two adjacent edges instead of clicking on the corner. Are you still able to do a sketch fillet?
  • Options
    ross_levineross_levine Member Posts: 1
    A workaround I found is to make a larger sketch next to the one you actually want to fillet then fillet a corner of the larger sketch and change the fillet size there. Now delete your larger sketch and your fillet should work on the actual geometry.