Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

OnShape Certification

I am in the process of attempting to get the South Carolina Department of Education to recognize OnShape Fundamentals CAD as a certification. Is their a way that a teacher validation of work completed could be added before issuing a certificate of completion?  Do you offer any formal testing which would support an OnShape Certification?

Best Answer

Answers

• carolyn_donelancarolyn_donelan Member Posts: 1
    Any update on this yet?  It would be very beneficial if we could have a certification program approved by the SC Department of Education.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @carolyn_donelan

I do not have an update on this yet, other than this is a project in process, but I do not have an estimated time of release.
  • nathan_hyernathan_hyer Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Any updates on Certification?  I was looking at switching my classroom from SolidWorks to Onshape during the COVID outages due to the ability of Onshape to run on Chromebooks.  The only problem is my school wants students to have Certification opportunities.  Any help would be appreciated.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @nathan_hyer , @carolyn_donelan , @martin_cwiakala
    I'm excited to say there is an update on certification! Please see our announcement looking for EVP users to "test" the test!