Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

When selecting multiple parts, page fails to load and I get an "Oh no page fails....." notice.

baribari Member Posts: 9 EDU
I have tried this with documents that previously have worked, and from several computers and different internet connections. Has something changed? I realize it has to do with the amount of parts selected, small assemblies are selected successfully, but still larger assemblies that were previously selected are failing and I have tried this on several hardware and internet connections that should be sufficient.

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Do you mean it is timing out before the parts are selected? When you say “page fails” what is the exact message? If it is saying “wait” then choose that option to give it more time.
    If you are box-selecting in a Part Studio it will try to select all the edges and faces as well as the parts. This can take some time if there are thousands. If you pick the parts from the feature list it is much faster. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • baribari Member Posts: 9 EDU
    Hey Neil, thanks for the reply, yes, when box selecting over say 50 parts in an assembely an eror page openes saying "oh no! an error has occured".
    This is happening with files that I have worked with before succesfully.  
    What browser and operating system are you using?
    chrome, windows 10, same software and hardware I've been using for the past year, I've tried from different computer and internet connections. It's a if the onshape processer isn't coping as well as it used to and by that limiting the amounts of parts that can be processed in a certain assembly. Ive worked on far more coplex models in the past...
    Has something changed? Is there a change in the processing copacity between onshape free and proffesional?
    Hey Neil, Thanks, Ive submitted a ticket and atached a file, :) I'll keep you informed if we manage to figure it out.
    Thanks. In the mean time I suggest you use Firefox- it has better memory management. 
  • baruch_shlomobaruch_shlomo Member Posts: 4
    I also have the same problem.
    It was not in the past ...
    Hey Neil,
    Fierfox is better, but takes over a minute per selection....
    Still doesn't sound right, but if it is selecting every edge and there are thousands it will take time. If you select Parts from the Parts List is it faster?