Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Save a Boolean Tool into a library for future use??

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
Hello! I was wondering if there is a way to save a Boolean Tool (or a part) to a library for future use? If you want to recreate a company logo, like the "swoosh", that you would use on multiple parts. If I remember right, SolidWorks Sheet Metal had punches or forming tools that could be reused, for example to make a louver.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Even if you could DXF/DWG out a sketch to a file and then bring that back into a sketch. Similar to copying entities from AutoCAD and pasting those into a SolidWorks sketch. That was REALLY handy to "upgrade" from a 2D universe!
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I see how the "Copy A Sketch" could be used to save a Boolean tool to a "library" of sketches! Kinda like SolidWorks weldment sections!