Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Google Chrome v70 Issue

Hello,

I work for a part of Northwestern University that is using Onshape to teach CAD to grade school and high school students. One of the schools had no issues using Onshape on their 2GB RAM Chromebooks until Chrome updated to Chrome Browser version 70. The half of her Chromebooks that still have Browser version 63 work just fine with Onshape. Is there any insight that you might be able to share on the subject? I have pieced through the forums and have come away with the idea that it is a Chrome problem or perhaps WebGL, but I wasn't sure if there was anything that we can do to get this school back up and running at 100%. Thank you all for the work you do and form making your software accessible to educators and students, we are fortunate enough to present you product to over 20,000 students. 

Best,

Answers