Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

is FeatureScript blocked for Free accounts?

jeremiah_alfreyjeremiah_alfrey Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I was able to find the 80/20 featurescript which I would like to use but I can't find the feature script icon in the parts studio

Answers

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    custom features are added into the drop-down list in the top right corner of the window, no matter what account type you have

• Options
    jeremiah_alfreyjeremiah_alfrey Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I am able to search for features and add them.

After selecting a feature I do see it on the right hand side. 

The Feature Script I am trying to load is for the 8020. I have found and copied a demo over so I can edit it. This is what it looks like

I have tried searching the available Features but I can't find that 3rd party script available. Is there a way to find and add it?

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.

If I'm understanding your question you want to add a FS to your toolbar from the currently open document?

If so then it's the same add icon, but select the "Current Document" tab.

Does that help?

Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    @jeremiah_alfrey this is a complete set of all 80/20 profiles: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/00584604cf60e1fefade2c8a - there is no need to make a copy of this doc (like a million other people seem to have), just reference this one.

I suggest doing the following:
    1. Open that doc, then close it again so it appears in your recently opened docs
    2. Create a Label called Profiles and add it to that doc (icon top right of docs page)
    3. In the Beams feature, select Custom, then "select part studio", then "other doc"
    4. Select your Profiles label
    5. Select the 80/20 doc and then your chosen profile

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    BTW - in answer to your question about using locally copied FeatureScript, it does not have to be in your toolbar because it is local to the document, just select it from the dropdown that you show above.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI